Monday 7 April 2014

Fiafia night
Go home and have a shower.” Miss Jones said as we left.

I rushed home as fast as I could with butterfly’s trying to ruin my stomach with excitement.
I had a shower and quickly walked to kalolaini’s house to pick her up.
When we got to school everyone was there before us so I gradually put on my dress without the boys looking in.
As we waited and waited it was time to go to the back of the hall.

Everyone blended in with flowers in their hair and lava lava’s around their waist. All the costumes were amazing.
I loved our classroom’s costumes, we wore Teki teki’s in our hair, bracelets made out of crepe paper and amazing dresses.

To start of the night we sang our welcoming song and then our Maori song and dance kia Kotahi E.
It was one heck of a night but we still had more performances to go.

Our next item was a Tongan dance that Teuhiva had taught us.
As I was in the front I  was getting nervous, I was saying to myself “smile, don’t muck up and have as much fun as possible.”
Once we got on stage everyone was staring at us like they were amazed by the way we looked.
I instantly kept on saying in my head “smile Paris, please smile.”
Once it was all over and done with I simply laughed at how far we had come, all of those practices we had, everyone looked beautiful.

By the time it came to the Niuean song I wanted to replay the whole night and do it all over again.
That was how much fun and excitement I had, had all in one night.
Everything that night will definitely be memorable.


By Paris

3 comments:

  1. Super recount, Paris - you did an excellent job of conveying your feelings about the night. Your use of direct speech really enhanced this piece of writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great recount of our fiafia night paris.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice story Paris...
    Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete