Thursday 3 April 2014

Fiafia Night Recount By Nikau

After we got ready Miss Jones rounded us all up as we marched down to the hall. It was pretty cold outside because we didn't have shirts on. Soon it was our turn to preform and I think we all felt nervous. When we got on I scanned the audience and saw my grandparents, my parents and my two sisters looking at me. We were singing "Welcome to Clendon Park School" and "Ki Kotahi E".

My hands were still a bit Oily so I started rubbing my hands on the wall, because they were going to rip the paper off the wall anyway. It felt exciting dancing and everyone cheering, in the middle of "Ki Kotahi E" my dad stuck a $20 bill on my chest. I saw Jayden and I think he got the most money out of the boys.

After we caught our breath we went back on to do our song, everyone laughed and cheered. After Andre said his line we danced hard out, everyone clapped and cheered once more, after the dance we were allowed to buy food.

I bought a Hot Dog and a Drink as I watched the other performers.
Soon we were on again and we sung a Nuiean song called "Niu Silani Mo Nuie Ne". Everyone clapped and cheered.
When we finished my parents were so proud of my sister and I, we had Wendy's for dinner.  Everything was so exiting that I couldn't go to sleep properly! 
by Nikau

2 comments:

  1. Nikau, that is a fabulous recount! I really liked some of the language you used in this story; for example, "I scanned the audience". It sounds much better than something boring like, "I looked at the crowd."

    Maybe Mum and Dad will take you for another special dinner after seeing this super recount on your class blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! that was fabulous dance on wednesday night, I saw that some of you got some amazing money. Maria room8

    ReplyDelete